7 things organised people are doing NOW to save time in the morning
Are your mornings rushed and stressful? See what organised people are doing as we speak to get out the door tomorrow with less stress. Because who among us couldn’t do with a little more sunshine to start the day?
1. They’re checking their calendar for tomorrow to remind themselves of what’s on & visualising how the day will run.
“What do I need to prepare, take, plan?”
And organised people include time-buffers in their schedule to allow for travel and the unforeseen. They don’t schedule their events back to back because let’s face it… Meetings! Children! Traffic!
2. Planning their meals & preparing them in advance if they’ll be away from home. I highly recommend doing a weekly meal plan, but at the very least, plan & prep the day before.
3. Packing their bag with all the things they need for the following day, ready to grab & go. This includes making sure their essentials have a home and are where they should be. Think: the bag itself, keys, wallet & phone (on charge if needed). The Uber-organised even make a note of anything that can’t be prepped in advance so nothing gets forgotten in the morning.
4. Checking the weather forecast. Knowing this allows organised folk to choose & prepare their outfit the night before, ready to put on. No one likes ironing in the morning. In fact, no one likes ironing full stop but definitely, not in the morning.
5. Updating their To Do list. A clear mind is conducive to better sleep. Get everything out of your head and onto paper or your favourite productivity app before you go to bed. Get clear on your priorities for tomorrow and revel in crossing off the things you’ve completed! The rest will be there waiting for you when you’re ready, I’m sorry to say.
6. They set an alarm and go to bed at a reasonable time. Enough said.
7. And because they did point 6 above, organised people get up without hitting snooze. Don’t you just hate ’em?
I want to hear from you!
- How did you score out of 7?
- What do you do to make your mornings more organised?
- Are you one of those weird people that loves ironing?